|This article is a stub. You can help the Payday Wiki by expanding it.|
This is the list of all available Armors that players can equip at the start of a heist.
|Unlock||Unlocked by default|
|No movement penalty, no visibility.
This is the standard two-piece suit that any self-respecting criminal should wear.
It provides no extra protection but has the highest concealment factor, making it the best choice for a heist where you want to go undetected and blend into the crowd.
Suits are usually reserved for special occasions, such as weddings, funerals and bank robberies.
|Little movement penalty, low visibility.
The ballistic vest is a standard issue bullet-resistant soft vest that is worn on the torso. It offers good protection from small-caliber handgun and shotgun projectiles, making it essential for anyone in the line of fire.
Ballistic vests are used by police forces, security guards and bodyguards.
Lightweight Ballistic Vest
|Little movement penalty, low visibility.
The lightweight ballistic vest is easy to wear, concealable bullet proof vest. It offers a specially developed trauma liner which provides effective blunt trauma protection, making it a good choice to protect yourself.
Lightweight ballistic vests are used by dignitaries and VIP's, sky marshals as well as executive and diplomatic security professionals.
Heavy Ballistic Vest
|Small movement penalty, medium visibility.
The heavy ballistic vest is a hard-plate reinforced vest that is worn on the torso. It is a modern body armor combining a ballistic vests with shoulder and side protection armor components, making it a great protection of choice.
Heavy ballistic vests are worn by soldiers, police tactical units, and hostage rescue teams.
|Medium movement penalty, medium visibility.
The flak jacket by GenSec Security Industries is a modern take on the classic version. It absorbs the impact from firearm projectiles and shrapnel from explosions.
It combines a heavy ballistic vest with shoulder and side protection armor components, offering spine protection as well.
Flak jackets are worn by Marines, combat soldiers and GenSec FTSU task forces.
Combined Tactical Vest
|Medium movement penalty, high visibility.
The Combined Tactical Vest was developed due to the challenges of modern warfare. It is made of high performance ballistic materials and is designed to carry heavy loads, such as ammo pouches, radios and other accessories.
Combined tactical vests are worn by soldiers, special forces and other organized military units across the world.
Improved Combined Tactical Vest
|Unlock||Iron Man Aced|
|Large movement penalty, high visibility.
The Improved Combined Tactical Vest is a stolen experimental prototype made by GenSec Security Industries.
Based on White Mesa technology it uses both soft and hard armor solutions. The perfectly fitted interlocking fiber layers rightly woven together with metal plates are specially angled to deflect projectiles and shield from explosions. In short, it provides complete protection.
It is not for sale and is wanted by GenSec Security Industries.
Armor value is the amount of damage that can be sustained without draining health. Once armor is depleted, health will be drained instead. The armor value does not impact the regeneration speed of the armor (unless the Anarchist perk deck is used).
Snipers and ZEAL Marksmen (Crime Spree-exclusive units) have the ability to damage a player through the armor (including Anarchist/Armorer's invulnerability on-armor-break) if damage surpasses total armor from the player.
Armor can be increased through the skills Iron Man (+30%) and Die Hard Aced (+20 points, but only applies to three armors), and can be further boosted through the Armorer (+35%), Crew Chief (+10%), and Anarchist (+138) perk decks. Crook perk deck gives an armor increase (+65%) to ballistic vests, beating the Armorer should the player choose a ballistic vest.
The following list shows the total values of using Iron Man and Die Hard. This does not imply that these two skills are the only method to increase armor.
e.g. extra HP methods (Partners in Crime aced, or Crew Chief's Hostage Situation perk skill) for Anarchist, Crew Chief's Testudo perk skill, and Crime Spree's increased armor Gage bonus.
Additionally, damage resistance also influences your total armor, not by increasing your total armor, but by increasing your durability in general.
|Total Armor Comparison Chart|
|If player does not invest neither in Iron Man nor Die Hard Aced|
|Armor Type||Basic||Crew Chief||Armorer||Crook||Anarchist|
|Combined Tactical Vest||110||121||148.5||110||248|
|Lightweight Ballistic Vest||50||55||67.5||82||188|
|If player does only invest in Die Hard Aced|
|Armor Type||X + 20||Crew Chief||Armorer||Crook||Anarchist|
|Combined Tactical Vest||110||121||148.5||110||248|
|Lightweight Ballistic Vest||70||77||94.5||115.5||208|
|If player does only invest in Iron Man|
|Armor Type||X * 1.30||Crew Chief||Armorer||Crook||Anarchist|
|Combined Tactical Vest||143||154||181.5||143||322.4|
|Lightweight Ballistic Vest||65||70||82.5||97.5||257.4|
|If player does invest both in Iron Man and Die Hard Aced|
|Armor Type||(X + 20) * 1.30||Crew Chief||Armorer||Crook||Anarchist|
|Combined Tactical Vest||143||154||181.5||143||322.4|
|Lightweight Ballistic Vest||91||98||115.5||136.5||270.4|
|Gray markers represent values or armor types that don't receive any changes from the skill, or perk deck.|
Armor regeneration is the time frame it takes before one's depleted armor fully regenerates, though the speed at which this happens can be increased with skills and perk decks.
Certain perk decks increase or affect armor regeneration, though some only under certain conditions.
- Armorer - Improves the rate by +20%, and gives other players in the crew +10% regeneration rate. Does not stack with others who have this deck.
- Crook - Gives +10% regeneration rate.
- Hitman - Gives +45% regeneration rate and an additional ability to regenerate all armor exactly 1.5 seconds after being depleted fully, no matter the situation.
- Burglar - Gives +20% regeneration rate only when standing still or crouching.
- Yakuza - Increases regeneration rate the lower your health is, up to a rate of +60%.
- Ex-President - Killing enemies speeds up armor regeneration rate, the more armor one has the less speed gained per kill. Resets when armor recovers.
- Sicario - Dodging instantly replenishes all armor.
Concealment works similarly to weapon concealment - higher concealment reduces the player's detection risk, while lower concealment increases the player's detection risk, changing the starting point of AI's detection in stealth and increasing/decreasing the time it takes for them to be alerted.
Speed is the speed at which the player moves. A higher speed value increases the speed of walking, running and crouch-walking. Speed can be increased with Duck And Cover, Parkour, Partners In Crime aced, Inspire, and the Yakuza Perk Deck. The speed penalty of wearing armor can also be decreased through any Perk Deck as well as the Invigorator AI Boost.
Dodge is the probability a ranged hit will deal no damage. Melee attacks can also be evaded, though the knockback will still be applied. With negative dodge values one can never dodge a bullet. It's possible to boost negative armors into the positives with skills and perks.
Usually, the higher the armor's armor value is, the lower its dodge value is. All armor besides the Two-Piece Suit have a negative dodge value.
Unlike other values modified by skills, dodge is calculated additively. For example, Duck And Cover Aced grants a 10% increased dodge value when sprinting. Using the suit which has a dodge chance of 5%, add 10 to that, meaning the player has a 15% chance to dodge incoming fire when sprinting. The Rogue Perk Deck grants a 45% increased dodge value, so the player has 50% chance to dodge even while standing still (while using a suit). Sneaky Bastard adds an additional dodge value (up to 10%) based on the player's detection risk.
Other upgrades to dodge are the Crook Perk Deck (+40% dodge when wearing ballistic vests), Burglar Perk Deck (+20% dodge), Ex-President Perk Deck (+15% dodge), Sicario Perk Deck (+15% passively, increased through taking hits or its unique throwable), or Duck and Cover (+15% dodge when ziplining (although this is currently non-functional)).
Steadiness affects the amount of camera shake the player receives when damaged.
At 11 steadiness, players receive the default 100% camera shake. At 22 steadiness, camera shake is reduced to 50%, and at 44 steadiness, it is further reduced to 25%, and so on, according to the formula . 
- Credit for the armor stats goes to the original creators of the Steam Numbers Guide.
- Players can reach 491.37 armor with clever use of perk decks and Crew Boosts. This is achieved by unlocking Enforcer skill Iron Man to wear the ICTV (200 base armor, plus 30% from the basic Iron Man skill), and then obtaining 5% bonus from a party member's Tier 7 or higher Crew Chief Perk Deck, and a significant boost from the completed Anarchist perk deck. The final 30 armor is obtained through the use of the Protector Crew Boost.
- The highest dodge chance achievable depends on the build and Perk Deck used. The maximum potential dodge achievable is technically 120% through the use of Sicario, though this is only under very specific conditions.
- To obtain the maximum 120% dodge, one must use the Sicario Perk Deck. Sicario has a base dodge chance of 20%, which can be increased to 30% through the use of Sneaky Bastard. The Distractor Crew Boost will increase this to 35%. Each time the player is hit, Sicario grants them an additional 20% dodge chance. Assuming the player fails to dodge enough times to get the dodge chance up to 95%, the use of Duck and Cover Aced will increase the number to 115% while sprinting and 120% while ziplining. Of course, the conditions to acquire either number are rather absurd, given the unlikely nature of getting and keeping 95% dodge chance long enough to acquire these numbers in the first place, meaning this potential 120% or even 115% dodge chance has no practical purpose.
- The Two Piece Suit and Light Ballistic Vest are the only two armors that work with the Grinder Perk Deck. It is still possible to equip other armors, though all effects of the Perk Deck are disabled.
These Armor skins are unlocked by playing the Crime Spree mode.
This Armor skin is unlocked by completing 1,000 Achievements.
Outfits are an additional layer of player customization available; initially introduced in Update #141 with Green Bridge as heist-exclusive uniforms, Update #198 and the release of the Tailor Pack 01 expanded upon the system, allowing players to utilize different outfits in any heist.
Certain outfits have multiple equippable variations, indicated by a paintbrush icon in the top-right corner of the outfit's menu slot.
All non-default outfits will cover any armor and armor skins equipped by the player.
Heists with outfits that override the Default Outfit will not override other equipped outfits.
|How Do You Like Me Now?|
Equip an armor for the first time.
|Man of Iron|
Equip the Improved Combined Tactical Vest.
|Army of One|
Equip the GL40 grenade launcher, the Locomotive shotgun and the Improved Combined Tactical Vest. Unlocks the CQB Foregrip and Plastic Stock for the Gecko 7.62 rifle.
In the Hoxton Breakout job, complete the heist on OVERKILL difficulty or above with each crew member using no skills, wearing suits, wielding Golden AK.762 rifles and Chicago Typewriter submachine guns. Unlocks a new skill slot.
|The Turtle Always Wins|
In the Art Gallery job, complete the heist in stealth within 4 minutes with each crew member wearing the Improved Combined Tactical Vest and no Armor Kit deployable equipped. Unlocks the "Classic Stock" for the AK weapon family, "2 Piece Stock" for the AK and CAR weapon families, "Pachy" mask, "Fossil" material and "Prehistoric Predator" pattern.
|Cooking With Style|
Complete the Rats job with you and your four man crew having Combined Tactical Vests, Vulcan Miniguns, HRL-7 Rocket Launchers and General Overkill masks equipped on the OVERKILL difficulty or above.
Complete the Big Oil job, with at least one other player, all using suits and Akimbo Bernetti 9 Pistols on the OVERKILL difficulty or above.
|Heisters of the Round Table|
Complete any heist on the OVERKILL difficulty or above with 4 players using only Gage Chivalry Pack masks, primary weapons, melee weapons and Ballistic Vests or heavier armors. Unlocks the "Agatha Knight Veteran" mask, "Blooded" material and "Agatha" pattern.
|Black Tie Event|
Complete the Birth of Sky job using only pistols and a Two Piece Suit on OVERKILL or above. You have to have been in the heist from start to receive this achievement.
|We Do It Live!|
Complete all days of the Framing Frame job on the OVERKILL difficulty or above with each crew member using no skills, wearing suits, wielding Platypus 70 sniper rifles and Judge shotguns.
From December 17th, 2015, to January 14th, 2016, awarded one Christmas safe and drill.
- The "Two Piece Suit" is in fact nothing more than the heister's unarmored outfit and therefore may not be a suit at all. Jacket was the first to not conform to the gang's typical suit, followed by Bodhi, Rust, Sangres, and Joy.
- Despite the Two Piece Suit saying it offers no protection, it still gives 20 armor, implying that the heisters may have added improvised armor.
- Although each individual armor description details different elements and materials in the components that comprise it, the visual depictions are simply given additional pieces of armor, starting from the vest itself, then the neck gorget, adding upper arm and leg armor, and finally forearm and lower leg protection (besides the lightweight ballistic vest).
- The Ballistic Vest is worn by Chavez in the Panic Room heist.
- The Lightweight Ballistic Vest is unlocked after the regular Ballistic Vest, even though it provides less protection.
- The Lightweight Ballistic Vest seems to be the armor piece of choice for the crew, as most of them are always seen wearing one in trailers. This lines up with their depictions in The Heist, where the characters are shown to wear the LBV almost exclusively.
- The Lightweight Ballistic Vest is worn by The Commissar in the Hotline Miami heist.
- Despite being bulletproof in-game, flak jackets in real life will only protect users against minor explosive damage.
- The Improved Combined Tactical Vest is based on "White Mesa" technology. This is a reference to the video game series Half-Life, where the fictional Black Mesa corporation developed and uses the full-body, powered "HEV" Hazardous Environment Suit worn by the protagonist, Gordon Freeman.
- Despite supposedly offering "full protection", the Improved Combined Tactical Vest lacks any sort of groin protection, as does any other armor in the game. This is a serious design flaw, as this particular area of the body is heavily wired with nerve endings, vital blood vessels, and supporting muscles that can immediately cripple a person, or cause serious (if not fatal) bleeding if punctured by bullets.
- The armored forearm pieces of the Improved Combined Tactical Vest are not visible in first person view. Other players can see them, but your view model arms only display the heister's ordinary sleeves.
- The Improved Combined Tactical Vest is worn by the the Informant in Hoxton Revenge if the heist goes loud. Armor similar to the Improved Combined Tactical Vest is worn by the Biker Boss in day 2 of The Biker Heist, with various biker decals and no forearm plates.
- The Ballistic Vest is extremely likely to be based on this Heavy bulletproof vest isolated.