|This article is about the DLC. For the heist included, see The Big Bank.|
|The Big Bank Heist|
The Big Bank Heist title card.
|Downloadable Content Info|
|Platform(s)|| Microsoft Windows|
|Release Date(s)|| June 17, 2014 (PC)|
June 16, 2015 (PS4, Xbox One)
|Type||Heist Content Pack|
|Available At||Steam Store|
Pre-Planning is a new feature introduced as part of the Big Bank Heist that allows the crew to plan out the location and placement of items, keys, escape routes and other useful items prior to starting the heist. Pre-Planning is limited by the fact that the crew has only a finite number of "favor" points to spend. Each item has a cash and favor cost, and the total favor cost of Pre-Planning options cannot exceed the total number of favors.
The crew can plan out escape routes, vault drilling equipment, ammo and health bag placement, keycard availability, unlocked doors, and more.
These masks, materials, and patterns are achievement rewards. They can't drop during a PAYDAY and cannot be sold. Instead, they can be returned to your mask stash for free, but any non-achievement or Infamy reward pattern, color, or material as well as the customization fee to put these together will be lost.
- "Four masks reflecting the nation's heritage and history as it appears on dollar bills. Two Founding Fathers, three great Presidents and four visionary men that mark the huge wealth resting deep within the Benevolent's vault."
- —Announcement site quote.
- The masks added in the Big Bank DLC are based upon individuals whose faces appear on American currency. All of the masks are colored and textured in the same way they appear on currency, in monochrome green.
- The 1st mask is based on George Washington, first President of the United States, who is featured on the one dollar bill.
- The 16th is based on Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States, who is featured on the five dollar bill.
- The 18th is based on Ulysses S. Grant, 18th President of the United States, who is featured on the fifty dollar bill.
- The First American is based on Benjamin Franklin, prominent statesmen and inventor, who is featured on the hundred dollar bill.
- The masks' names and descriptions on the website are vastly different from those in-game.
- The 1st was named Washington and had the following description: "His name may now be a byword for corruption and ineptitude, but Washington was the finest leader in war and peace the world has seen. There's a reason he was unanimously elected the very first President."
- The 18th was named Grant and had the following description: "The famed General who took Lee's surrender Ullyses(sic) was as magnanimous in victory as he was energetic in governance. He was the driving force of the post-War Reconstruction."
- The 16th was named Lincoln and had the following description: "Despite leading the US through its greatest crisis - the Civil War - Abe was what politicians should be. The sort of force of temperance and conciliation that is missing from today's nest of crooks."
- The First American was named Franklin and had the following description: "Columbus may be credited with discovering the America's, but it was Franklin that really *found* America. A statesman, inventor, diplomat, scientist, activist and author - he remains America's da Vinci."
| Funding Father|
Complete any heist while you and your four man crew are wearing one different "Big Bank" mask each. Unlocks the Marksman Stock for the Falcon rifle.
Achievable without owning DLC
| Broke the Piggy Bank|
Complete the Big Bank job on the Normal difficulty or above.
| The Big Bank Theory|
Complete the Big Bank job on the Hard difficulty or above.
| Just Like in the Movies|
Complete the Big Bank job on the Very Hard difficulty or above.
| Go Big or Go Home|
Complete the Big Bank job on the OVERKILL difficulty or above.
| You Can Only Plan to Fail|
Complete the Big Bank job on the Mayhem difficulty or above.
| Don't Forget to Floss|
Complete the Big Bank job on the Death Wish difficulty or above.
| Size Does Matter|
Complete the Big Bank job on the Death Sentence difficulty.
| Piggy Broke the Bank|
Complete the Big Bank job on the Death Sentence difficulty with the One Down mechanic activated.
| Backing Bobblehead Bob|
Bring Bobblehead Bob to the vault. Unlocks“The 18th” mask, the "Gemstone" material, the "God of War" pattern and the Wooden Stock for the Falcon rifle.
| Don't Bring the Heat|
In the Big Bank job, complete the heist without triggering the alarm. Unlocks the CQB Stock for the Falcon rifle.
In the Big Bank job, complete the heist with 12 bags in the default escape with all the lasers active. Unlocks the CQB Foregrip for the Falcon rifle.
| It Takes a Pig to Kill a Pig|
Drop Floyd the pig on top of a lawforcer. Unlocks “The 1st” mask, the "Exhausted" material, the "Ruler" pattern and the Extended Magazine for the Falcon rifle.
| It Takes Two to Tango|
Hack the correct computer on the first try in The Big Bank job. Unlocks “The First American” mask, the "Parchment" material, the "Roman" pattern and the Tactical Grip for the Falcon rifle.
| Matrix With Lasers|
In the Big Bank job, open the vault by using the "Beast" drill and escape using the C4 Tunneling asset without killing any Snipers on the Death Wish difficulty or above.
| Sweet Sixteen|
Complete The Big Bank job with 16 secured bags. Unlocks “The 16th” mask, the "Clay" material, the "Spartan" pattern and the Marksman Foregrip for the Falcon rifle.
| 12 Angry Minutes|
In the Big Bank job, complete the heist in under 12 minutes on the Hard difficulty or above. Unlocks the Wooden Foregrip for the Falcon rifle.
| You Owe Me One|
In the Big Bank job, start the Big Bank job after having spent all 10 favors in Preplanning. Unlocks the Retro Foregrip for the Falcon rifle.
The following appeared on June 10, 2014. They were replaced on June 17, 2014, with the release of the Big Bank DLC.
- Funding Father is a pun on the term Founding Father.
- 12 Angry Minutes is a reference to the film 12 Angry Men.
- Entrapment is a reference to the caper film Entrapment. Its unlocking conditions references the iconic laser-avoiding scene in the movie.
- It Takes Two to Tango is a common idiom. It also refers to the unlock conditions of the achievement, which requires cooperation between two players.
- Sweet Sixteen is a special birthday celebrating a persons's sixteenth birthday in North America. It also refers to the mask it unlocks, a mask of the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln.
- This is the first paid DLC that offers only one weapon. It is also the first paid DLC with no achievements regarding the specific use of the weapon(s) provided by the DLC.
- The opera song that plays in the Big Bank trailer is Ode All'Avidità by Simon Viklund.
- The opera version of the song is not available in game. However, its Techno instrumental remix version, Ode to Greed, is available.
- The song's lyrics are sung in Italian (by Pietro Nuovoramo and Eva Falzoni), and describe a man performing immoral actions to satisfy his greed, while ignoring a woman's attempts to persuade him to stop. In the end, the man dies due to his crimes.
- The effects of the old version of the Stockholm Syndrome skill is demonstrated in The Big Bank trailer, as seen when the central character (Bobblehead Bob) came to Dallas' aid when the heister was wounded in the shootout.
- At the start of the trailer, Houston, Dallas and Wolf can be seen wearing The Heat sunglasses, but switches to their traditional Clown masks when Chains stormed in and ended the presumed stealth phase.
- The guard Chains struck down in the trailer is of the secret service (a.k.a. Big Oil Day 2) variant, not the actual type encountered in the final map.
- The Big Bank trailer is the second trailer to include features of the Death Wish difficulty. The first is the Death Wish update teaser.
- The trailer features elements from many DLC packs released before it. Wolf carries the Swedish K (Armored Transport), Chains uses a Frag grenade and a RPK (Gage Weapon Pack #01 & Gage Weapon Pack #02), Dallas has the Bronco Scope Mount and a See More Sight for his Bronco .44 (Gage Mod Courier & Armored Transport), and finally Houston who uses the Falcon (Big Bank DLC).