|Weapon Type||Assault Rifle|
|Firing Mode(s)||Selective firing /|
|Rate of Fire||698|
The Ketchnov Byk-1 Assault Rifle for a nice all arounder with an ace up its sleeve. With a suppressed barrel and a Speedmag this rifle can serve many roles. Oh! Let’s not forget to mention the Underslung Grenade Launcher. That’s right The Ketchnov brings back the ability to bring some extra boom to your loadout. The Ketchnovs grenade launcher will by default fire X1-a Tactical ZAPper grenades but you can switch that out for standard frag if you so choose.
The KETCHNOV Byk-1 is immediately comparable to the Little Friend 7.62 assault rifle and the Káng Arms Model 54,being the only two other weapons to support an underbarrel feature to launch grenades (or shotgun ammo in the Káng Arms' case) and having its ups and downs compared to the Little Friend. While the KETCHNOV Byk-1 has 80 total bullets over the Little Friend's 60 and a better pickup rate, the KETCHNOV Byk-1 does only a bit more than half the Little Friend's damage per shot, 88 compared to 160. To compensate the damage discrepancy, the KETCHNOV Byk-1 has a somewhat higher rate of fire than the Little Friend while also having access a speedpull magazine attachment, increasing reload speed and the rifle's magazine capacity to 30 rounds.
Additionally, the Little Friend uses frag grenades for its underbarrel attachment by default, while the KETCHNOV Byk-1 uses X1-ZAPper electrical grenades by default. While both guns' underbarrel grenades explode immediately on impact, the electrical grenades do not harm hostages, making it a safer option when bombarding crowded areas containing hostages. However, the X1-ZAPper can also shock the user in close quarters just like getting attacked by a Taser, including automatically reloading the user's current weapon and firing sporadically for a brief amount of time.
It is also worth noting that both assault rifles have a default grenade count of 2 and can customize their underbarrel attachments, so the KETCHNOV Byk-1 can use frag grenades like the Little Friend and vice versa.
Overall, while the Little Friend may be more comparable to an M308 with a GL40, the damage/ammo differences make the KETCHNOV Byk-1 closer to an AK17 with a grenade launcher instead, offering a sidegrade option.
- To activate the underbarreled grenade launcher on PC, press the bipod key (default "4").
- Can use an underbarrel grenade launcher attachment with electric or frag grenades, bolstering its firepower and improving utility
- Very high bullet pickup rate for an underbarrel-using assault rifle
- High base accuracy
- Above-average damage per shot for an assault rifle
- Speedpull magazine attachment improves both reload time and magazine capacity
- Is not exclusive unlike the Little Friend. Which requires the no-longer-purchasable Scarface Character Pack
- The gun and underbarrel are considered separate weapons, consuming ammo bags twice as fast
- Poor base and maximum potential concealment
- Limited total ammo for both bullets and grenades. Even with Fully Loaded Aced
- Awkward iron sights
- Limited customization in general
- Due to its stats, it is generally a good idea to use the KETCHNOV Byk-1 with Body Expertise aced. Allowing more forgiving use of automatic fire for cleaning out crowds of enemies or for killing special enemies like Cloakers.
- Fully Loaded basic gives the KETCHNOV Byk-1 100 bullets and 3 grenades, providing a bigger ammo benefit than the Little Friend. Like the Little Friend, it is advised to bring an ammo-efficient secondary to compliment it.
- Bulletstorm aced is an excellent pairing with the KETCHNOV Byk-1, allowing the gun to rain down bullets and/or bombard areas with impunity.
- Note that the rifle and underbarrel grenade launcher are treated as individual weapons when refilling via ammo bags, and carelessly using them may make them run out faster than expected.
- The gun's maximum potential concealment is 14 with a concealment stat boost, AK Rubber Grip, and Optical Illusions Aced with its unique K-B100 Suppressor. With a high-concealment secondary such as a properly configured Bernetti 9, it is possible to benefit with Low Blow and Sneaky Bastard while using the gun, though preferably Aced given the weapon's still poor concealment compared to most other rifles.
- Its iron sights are tall and narrow like the Tempest-21, and it may be preferable to attach a custom optic sight.
- The KETCHNOV Byk-1 is based on the OTs-14 Groza carbine equipped with a GP-25 grenade launcher. The weapon's specific model is the 9x39mm Groza-4 given the shape of the magazines. Its sub-par Concealment stat is rather unusual, considering the Groza's compact profile.
- The full name of this weapon in English translates to "KETCHNOV Bull-1". The right side of the weapon's receiver has a crudely engraved "Byk-1" incorrectly spelt in Russian. It should instead be spelt as "Бык-1".