|Weapon Type||Light Machine Gun|
|Firing Mode(s)||Fully automatic|
|Rate of Fire||550|
The M60 sports the highest accuracy level of all light machineguns but has stability rating only superior to the RPK or Brenner-21. The M60 has the slowest rate of fire of all light machineguns and this is a mixed blessing; while it doesn't have as high DPS as some of the other light machineguns and it doesn't take down enemies quite as fast, it helps with recoil and chews through ammunition less quickly so you'll have to reload less often.
- High damage
- Large magazine and somewhat high ammo
- Decent ammo pickup rate
- Highest accuracy of all light machine guns at 56, with only the KSP 58 coming close at 52.
- Slowest rate of fire of all light machine guns
- Very high recoil
- Abysmal concealment like other LMGs.
- The M60 is one of the more ammo efficient light machineguns due to its slow rate of fire and high damage per shot, making it less likely ammo will be wasted shooting at enemies that are already killed.
- You do not reload faster by leaving bullets in the magazine for the M60; the tactical reload and full reload take exactly the same amount of time. Skills such as Bloodthirst Ace and Lock N' Load Ace can help combat the M60's slow reload speed.
- It's relatively high accuracy and low rate of fire make the M60's recoil quite manageable without a bipod. One can "snipe" more effectively by tapping the fire button with the M60 than the other lmgs, such as if appropriate terrain is not available.
- This can be further augmented with skills such as Steady Grip to further boost accuracy to help plinking at distant enemies.
- Note that the Tropical Foregrip modification may slightly obscure the M60's "sight picture". Always have a laser sight attachment to assist with aiming.
- The M60 is based on the weapon of the same name. Due to this, it is one of the few weapons in PAYDAY 2 to bear its real-life designation.
Bugs & Glitches
- If the M60 is equipped and the player restarts the level several times, the entire upper assembly may vanish completely from the weapon model. The player characters will continue to mime the reloading animations as if it's still there, however. This has been patched in Hotfix 199.5.2.