|Weapon Type||Fragmentation Grenade|
The Matryoshka Grenade is a throwable explosive device. The doll's outer layers hides(sic) its inner workings. Creates substantial damage at the same time as it pays tribute to the motherland.
The Matryoshka Grenade is throwable weapon in PAYDAY 2 introduced with the release of PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition. It is available to all members of the PAYDAY 2 Steam Community.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Matryoshka Grenades can be thrown by pressing "3". They can be bounced through doorways and around corners if thrown carefully. Grenades cause damage to most destructible objects in the game, and can be used to complete the damage objectives of Mallcrasher. However, they will also destroy boards placed over windows and computers in the lab of Big Oil, potentially destroying a valuable clue.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
The damage dealt by grenades decreases as distance from the explosion increases. At a distance of 0 meters from the explosion, enemies will take 900 damage. At a distance of 5 meters from the explosion, the damage dealt is down to 0. The formula (probably incorrect now) determines the damage dealt by a grenade, where distance is the distance between an enemy and the explosion, and maxDistance is the maximum range of the explosion, 10 meters. If the enemy is wearing heavy armor, the damage is multiplied by an additional value between 0.6 and 0.7.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Being a grenade, it comes without saying that the Matryoshka is more lethal in tight quarters than outdoor, and can be used to wipe out sizable groups of enemies in a hallway. Do note that this can work against the user, however, as errant throws can catch the user in the blast as well, or worse yet, killing off civilians by mistake and/or destroying vital equipment.
Aside from the more obvious uses for a grenade, the Matryoshkas can be tossed at the feet of Bulldozers and Shields to blow off the armor plates of the former, and disorienting if not outright killing the latter in the blast.
|Fire in the Hole!|
Throw 100 grenades.
|Share the Love|
Buy the grenade case asset 100 times.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "GET THE FUCK DOWN!"
- —Wolf when tossing a grenade.
- —John Wick when tossing a grenade.
- "It's time to shake the ground!"
- —Hoxton when tossing a grenade.
- "Duck and cover, campers!"
- —Dallas when tossing a grenade.
- "Eat this!"
- —Chains when tossing a grenade.
- —Houston when tossing a grenade.
- "FRAG OUT, FUCKERS!"
- —Clover when tossing a grenade.
- —Dragan when tossing a grenade.
- "I got you a present!"
- —"Jacket" when tossing a grenade.
- —Bonnie when tossing a grenade.
- "Cover your ears!"
- —Sokol when tossing a grenade.
- "Room service!"
- —Bodhi when tossing a grenade.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Matryoshka Grenade is among a small handful of weapons in the game to have an animated preview screen, where a blue light strip can be seen running along the displays between the two halves.
- Some players have noted similarity to the Matryoshka Doll grenade in the Zombies mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops and Black Ops III. The grenade in the Call of Duty games, however, release more, smaller grenades upon exploding, whereas the Matryoshka Grenade in PAYDAY 2 is simply a reskin of the Frag and HEF Grenades.