|Unlock Level|| Assault 1|
|Firing Mode(s)||Fully automatic|
|Rate of Fire||480|
|Internal name|| |
The Sten MkII SMG is a primary weapon available in RAID: World War II. It is the main weapon of the Insurgent Class, one of the two starting weapons of the Assault Class, and an unlockable weapon for the Recon Class.
- Relatively large magazines and reserve pool
- Very negligible recoil
- Broad iron sights
- Sluggish fire rate
- Slow reloads
- Inaccurate at range
- Ironsights are barely visible in the dark
|Weapon Upgrades & Challenges|
|T I||T II||T III||T IV||Description|
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Upgrade stats are replaced by the next tiers and do not stack.
|★ Mouse over an upgrade value to see its unlock requirement and additional information.|
Note: Table was optimized for standard 1366x768 displays. Ultra-widescreen monitors may experience issues viewing the tooltips.
- The in-game model was based off of the Canadian "Longbranch" variant of the Sten Mk II, as evident by its skeletal stock. A British Sten MkII would possess a strut-type stock with a thumbhole instead. Modifying it with certain mods can produce rough approximations of the later Sten marks.
- The Tier I Accuracy mod gives it the reinforced receiver of the Sten MkIII, and equipping the Tier II and III recoil reduction mods turn it into a Sten MkV. Despite the added foregrip however, the first person animation still has the player character holding onto the magazine as usual.
- The Sten MkII shares the same idle animation with the Patchett L2A1.
- Like the Patchett, the Sten MkII is held in the "Sten grip" position, with the user's left hand gripping onto the weapon's magazine and the entire gun is then held at a slight angle. This handgripping style is not advisable to do in reality as improper grip of the hand may displace the magazine, cause wear to the magazine catch, or otherwise create a misfeed by jamming it too tightly into the weapon. What would've been the correct grip position was to hold the Sten like a rifle, with the wielder's left hand cradling the underside of its barrel shroud.
|Player gear in RAID: World War II|
|Gameplay • Missions • Proficiencies • Weapons & Equipment|
|Primary||Assault:||M1 Carbine • Sten MkII • BAR Heavy Rifle • M1 Garand (Golden) • Thompson M1A1 • MP 38 • StG 44 • MG 42 • Sterling Machine Carbine|
|Recon:||Springfield M1903 • M1 Carbine • Sten MkII • M1 Garand (Golden) • Thompson M1A1 • Mosin Nagant • MP 38 • Sterling Machine Carbine • StG 44|
|Insurgent:||Sten MkII • M12 Shotgun • M1 Carbine • Thompson M1A1 • Double-barreled Shotgun • M1 Garand (Golden) • MP 38 • Sterling Machine Carbine • StG 44|
|Demolitions:||M12 Shotgun • BAR Heavy Rifle • M1 Carbine • Double-barreled Shotgun • M1 Garand (Golden) • StG 44 • MG 42|
|Secondary||C96 Mauser • Webley Mk VI • Colt M1911|
|Melee||M3 Combat Knife • BC41 Buckle Knife • German Knuckle Duster • Robbins Dudley Push Dagger • Lockwood Brothers Push Dagger • The Admiral's Dagger • The Marching Mace|